If you are looking for a fun way to spend a spring weekend in north Texas with the whole family, look no further than the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival. The award-winning multi-day festival takes place at Galatyn Park on May 20-22, 2016 in Richardson TX.
About 65,000 fans come to the festival each year to take in a weekend of arts, music, food and more. Close to 70 musical acts are showcased over six performance stages, four outdoor and two inside the Eisemann Center. Here are just a few of the things you can do at Wildflower!
- Music – The music is clearly the big attraction, with a variety of singers, songwriters and bands on stage all weekend. No matter your musical taste, you’re sure to hear something you like such as classic rock from bands like The Guess Who, Survivor and artists like Peter Frampton, as well as other talented musicians from the alternative rock, folk music, country and blues genres.
- Contests – Listen to independent singer-songwriters compete in the award winning Performing Songwriter contest, which features artists from genres such as Acoustic, Americana, Bluegrass, Blues, Celtic, Country and Folk. You can watch three local high school bands compete for top honors in the Battle of the Bands contest. And you can view winning art work from the festival’s Student Art Contest as well.
- Kidz Korner – Kids of all ages will find lots of fun things to do at the Wildflower! Kidz Korner. The festival presents plenty of games, activities and entertainment, including a petting zoo, butterfly tent, face painting, bounce house, puppet shows, and a performance from Lucas Miller- The Singing Zoologist.
- Art Guitar Auction – One of the unique features of the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival is the award-winning Art Guitar program and auction. Festival sponsors, local artists, celebrities and sports figures are invited to enter a decorated guitar, either electric or acoustic, that are displayed in the Eisemann Center and sold in a silent auction during the weekend event. Proceeds from the auction benefit the Network of Community Ministries and the fine art programs in the secondary level of the Richardson ISD.
- Food – What festival would be complete without delicious food? You can tempt your taste buds all weekend long at the Taste of Texas Food Garden. This culinary pit stop showcases some of the best regional cuisine as well as traditional festival favorites.
Thinking about buying a new home in North Texas? Landon Homes builds high quality, energy efficient new homes in highly sought after communities throughout Frisco, Little Elm, Plano and McKinney. Visit our website to learn why you should choose Landon as your new home builder today.