7 Ways to Create Drama with Drapes
August 31, 2012 9:52 am
Do you ever look at the draperies when you walk through McKinney TX new homes for sale? Drapes are more than just a window covering. They can add real drama to your new home’s interior. Here are a few suggestions on how to achieve a dramatic look with draperies:
1. Volume and yardage – Create an elegant feeling in your home by choosing custom draperies that go from floor to ceiling. Also, use at least a minimum width of at least 1-1/2 times the standard panel on each side of the window to create a feeling of luxury and opulence.
2. Stunning fabric – Don’t be afraid to splurge on exceptional fabrics for your draperies, such as silk, velvet and linen. These materials may cost more, but they’re worth it because they hang better, feel better and enhance your entire living space.
3. Creative Spaces – Drapes don’t have to be only for windows. Consider adding embroidered draperies to frame a grand entrance to your dining room.
4. Think Sheer – Some McKinney TX new homes come with giant arched windows. One way to enhance the view is to frame the windows with sheer, patterned fabrics that let the light come through.
5. Accessories – Achieve a subtle and sophisticated touch to your drapes with the addition of a button at the top of each pleat. Or use drapery panel holders in the shapes of flowers or diamonds for a dramatic touch.
6. Metallics – Add glamour to your new home with silk draperies in metallic gold. Adding sheers with a gold trim pulls the whole “Hollywood” look together.
7. Combination fabrics – If you’re not into ornate draperies, you can still add a sophisticated look to your new home with drapes that feature a sheer fabric on the top section. This style allows light to stream into the room, even if you choose to close the panels for more privacy.
If you need more ideas on what type of window treatments to use in your new home, visit the Landon Homes Design Center. Our professional design center staff keeps up to date on the latest design trends, and can guide you in the decision making process. Landon has a wide variety of McKinney TX new homes for sale with all the amenities and energy saving features you could ask for, at an affordable price. Visit one of our model homes today to see what the Landon difference is all about.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes