7 Décor Tips to Make Your Fireplace a Focal Point
November 24, 2012 3:28 pm
One feature that buyers appreciate in new homes in McKinney, TX is a fireplace. Not only does a fireplace keep you warm in the winter, but it can be an attractive focal point for the entire room. Here are a few ways to accentuate the fireplace in your new home:
1. Create a statement – Hang a bold piece of artwork over the mantle to draw attention. Create cohesion by finding a piece that pulls together decorative elements from the rest of the room.
2. Paint the mantle – Add some pizzazz to your fireplace by painting the mantle a color that makes it pop from the rest of the room.
3. Fill it with objects – When the fireplace is not in use, fill it with unexpected objects to maintain it as a focal point. Spherical balls, for instance, provide a nice contrast to the fireplace’s rectangular shape.
4. Select an unusual fire screen – There’s no reason why you can’t combine style and function in a fire screen. Keep your family safe with a decorative fire screen that adds to your décor, regardless of whether the fire is lit.
5. Add eye-catching wall treatment – Many new homes in McKinney, TX feature wallpaper or paint on the wall surrounding the fireplace. But that doesn’t mean you have to stick with that format. Liven things up with a textured wall treatment instead.
6. Think symmetry – Add a classic touch to your mantel with a symmetrical arrangement of items, such as a pair of wall sconces mounted on each side of the fireplace, with a round mirror in the middle. Similar shaped objects placed on the mantel will maintain the orderly look.
7. Double reflection – For a new spin on the mirror-above-the-mantel look, try layering a small mirror over a larger one. Hang a large, plain mirror above your fireplace mantel and then place a smaller, decorative mirror in front.
When you’re looking for the best new homes in McKinney, TX, visit Shiloh Lakes by Landon Homes. This quiet community features some of the largest home sites for sale in the area. Every Landon home includes the builder’s signature 24/7 energy efficiency package featuring 2×6 exterior wall construction, tech-shield radiant heat barrier, and much more. Visit the Landon website to learn more about the beautiful, eco-friendly homes for sale in McKinney, TX.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder
This post was written by Landon Homes