Thinking about buying one of the two-story new homes for sale in McKinney TX? Buying a home with two floors offers home buyers more space for the money, bigger bedrooms and closets and a bigger backyard. Having a staircase in your home also presents a unique decorating opportunity. Here are a few ideas on how you can decorate your staircase and enhance the look of your new home at the same time.
- Carpet the Stairway – Adding a bright, elegant carpet along the middle of your staircase will serve two purposes. It will both enhance and protect your stairs, since they have to bear the weight of numerous feet running up and down every day.
- Create a Gallery – Take advantage of the wall space running adjacent to the staircase to create an art or portrait gallery. Hang your favorite pieces of artwork or family pictures on the wall, so you can marvel at how your children have grown over the years.
- Paint the Walls – If you don’t want to hang artwork or portraits on the stairway wall, you can still give this area a bit of pizzazz by accentuating the wall with a nice bright pop of color.
- Add Greenery – Bring the outdoors in with the addition of a few plants along your stairway. Just make sure you don’t place too many pots, or the staircase will look congested and may hinder the walkway.
- Light it Up – Any staircase needs sufficient lighting at nighttime. One way to enhance your staircase is to strategically place a colored light on the wall, along every third step. You can also hang a string of twinkling lights on the banister to give your home a sparkling glow during the holidays.
You can see some beautiful staircase designs for yourself when you tour one of Landon’s new homes for sale in McKinney TX at Fairways at Craig Ranch. Landon’s Lundin collection, for instance, features a stunning circular staircase, master bedroom with a spacious walk-in closet on the first floor, a game room and three more bedrooms upstairs, and covered patio. You can also customize this floor plan to add features such as a bay window or outdoor kitchen.
All of Landon’s homes at Craig Ranch include 24/7 energy efficiency features too, such as low “E” tinted glass windows, radiant heat barrier, Energy Star® appliances and a programmable thermostat. When you buy a Landon home, you can count on us to deliver a high quality home that offers cutting edge design and exemplary value. Visit our website for more information, give us a call at 866-898-3603, or take a drive out to Fairways at Craig Ranch and see the Landon difference for yourself.