Sun Safety Tips for Outdoor Fun
Summer is an excellent time to look for new homes for sale. Little Elm, TX is the place to choose if you like the idea of lakefront living, since 23 miles of Lake Lewisville shoreline are within the town limits. Many people take advantage of the warm weather to go fishing, water skiing or boating on the lake. But it’s important to take some precautions against the potentially damaging rays of the sun. Here are some sun safety tips to keep in mind:
1. Apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before going outside. Sunscreen needs time to dry after applying for the chemicals to start working.
2. Reapply sunscreen every two hours. Sunscreen should be reapplied regularly if you’ve been in the sun or water – even if the product claims to be “waterproof.”
3. Protect your eyes with sunglasses that filter UVA and UVB rays. Wear sunglasses whenever you’re outside, but especially on a sandy beach or on the water, since these surfaces reflect up to 85 percent of the sun’s damaging rays.
4. Wear tightly woven, dark colored clothing. Sunscreen is important, but keeping your skin covered offers the best protection from the sun.
5. Avoid being outdoors between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. The sun is strongest – and most dangerous – during the midday hours. The American Academy of Dermatology advises staying out of the sun during this time.
6. Choose sunscreen with a minimum Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15, and apply it daily. (Children should use sunscreen with a minimum SPF factor of 30). The fairer the skin, the higher SPF number you need.
7. Use sunscreen on cloudy or hazy days. Ultraviolet sun rays penetrate skin even on cloudy days, so you can get a nasty sunburn if you’re not protecting your skin.
8. Check your medications. Some prescriptions may increase your sensitivity to sunlight, so check with your doctor or pharmacist whenever you start taking a new medication.
If you’re looking for quality built, energy efficient homes for sale, Little Elm, TX has several communities that fit the bill including the Enclave, Dominion and Reserve at Lakeview. Landon Homes offers a variety of floor plans to choose from, whether you’re shopping for a first home or looking to downsize. For more information, visit our website at landonhomesusa.com.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder