Simple holiday decor ideas for your new home
Moving into a new home in McKinney? Once you’re settled in, family and friends will want to stop by to see your new place. If you plan to host a dinner party over the holidays, here are a few simple decorating tips to lend a festive touch to your new home in McKinney:
1. Twist on a traditional wreath – Evergreens make lovely wreaths, but so do citrus fruits! Attach oranges, clementines, kumquats and limes to a circular piece of florists’ foam and tie it off with a piece of velvet ribbon. Or transform a pine cone wreath into a winter wonderland by spray painting it white.
2. Ornament display – Create a sparkly centerpiece for your table by placing vintage ornaments on a cake stand nestled with leaves.
3. Festive front door – Tie big jingle bells to your front doorknob with festive ribbon
4. Stemware flair – Tie different color ribbons around the stems of champagne flutes or wine glasses for an extra bit of festivity. This stylish trick also helps guests keep track of their drinks!
5. Silver bell arrangements – Add sparkling style to your table by filling a glass snifter or other glass container with shiny silver bells of different sizes.
6. Faux fabulous – Transform plastic greenery into faux fabulous décor by placing boughs of holly, evergreens or mistletoe in clear glass jars or vases. Group different sizes together to make a bold statement for your table.
7. Sweet sensations – Fill pretty glassware with sugar and mini marshmallows. Then, stuff peppermint sticks inside for a decoration that looks good enough to eat!
If you haven’t found a new home in McKinney yet, visit Shiloh Ranch or Verona Estates. Built by Landon Homes, these quiet communities feature the most energy-efficient homes for sale in the Dallas-Fort Worth area with huge backyards, and top quality schools including the exemplary J.R. Wilmeth Elementary School right across the street. For more information about homes for sale in McKinney, contact Tanya Smith at 214-707-0347.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder