Organize Your Drop Zones
Do you have one or more drop zones in your home? These are the areas, such as a dining room table, kitchen counter, front door area or coffee table, where you drop your mail, car keys, books, etc. after walking into the house. The trouble with drop zones is that they tend to multiply, and soon, you have clutter accumulating everywhere! If you plan to buy a new home in McKinney soon, here are some tips to create organized drop zones, so you can keep the clutter at bay:
1. Keys – Install hooks or keep a small decorative container near your front door to store your house and car keys when you come in. This way you’ll never have to scramble at the last minute looking for them!
2. Mail Drop – Set aside an area near the front door, such as on a counter or table, where you can place your mail. Immediately sort out junk from bills, and other important mail that needs to be dealt with in a timely manner.
3. Closet – If you have a closet near the front door, make sure it’s cleaned out, and then hang sweaters or jackets immediately upon entering your new home in McKinney. You can also set aside a place for shoes in the closet and store them here as well.
4. Out the Door Box – Place a container in your drop zone that is easy to carry in and out of the house. Place items in it that you need to take with you when you leave, such as things for your children, library books, etc. When you’re ready to walk out the door, grab the container and place it in the car.
5. Charging Station – Set up an electrical strip so your phones and other devices can be plugged in to charge as soon as you walk in the door.
You can also have a basket or cube for each member of the family to drop all their stuff in your new home in McKinney, if they don’t want to separate out each item. When you’re looking for exceptional homes to buy that feature some of the largest homesites in the area, check out Shiloh Lakes. This Landon Homes community is surrounded with rolling hills, miles of hike and bike trails, and 2,000 acres of parkland. Come see why Shiloh Lakes should be your first choice when choosing the home of your dreams.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder