Bring the Outdoors In During Winter Months
Look outside your window during the winter months, and things probably look a little brown and bare around your new home. Little Elm will turn green soon enough when the weather starts warming up, but until then, there are some ways to add a touch of spring to your living space now. Plants are one solution, although there are some other simple ways to bring the outdoors in too.
1. Add natural fibers, textures and patterns – Choose natural materials such as wicker, rattan, hemp and jute for your furniture and décor items like baskets, rugs and lampshades.
2. Use natural flooring – Achieve a warm, natural and inviting atmosphere with wood, cork or bamboo flooring materials.
3. Say it with color – One good way to bring the warmth of the outdoors inside is with color: green for grass and plants, blue for the sky and water, yellow for the sun and fresh flowers. Plus, neutral tones such as white, tan and beige will make your interiors feel natural and clean.
4. Enhance décor with natural elements – Incorporate rocks, sea shells, jars of beach sand, wood and/or straw into the décor of your new home. Little Elm is right on the banks of Lake Lewisville, so you could also hang photos of the lake on your walls, if you don’t have the other elements on hand.
5. Entice your senses – Outdoor cues in the form of scents and sounds are an effective way to bring the outdoors in. Woodsy incense and floral potpourri, as well as sounds of rain, wind and the beach can help you relax and get in tune with nature. You can also use lemons, limes and mint as decorations for a true visual and aromatic outdoor inspiration.
6. Let in natural light and air – Replace heavy drapery with lighter fabrics and/or sheers to let the natural light into your home. Take advantage of the mild winter temperatures by opening your windows and letting in some fresh air too.
7. Choose eco-friendly materials – Feel closer to nature by using earth friendly varieties of bedding, towels, cleaning products, and even paint. The earth will thank you!
If you’re still in the market for a new home, Little Elm has some quick move-in houses for sale in Dominion at Lakeview. This Landon Homes community features four amenity centers with pools, parks, trails and more, and is served by Frisco’s newest and best schools. Visit the Landon website for more information.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder