7 tips for hosting a great holiday party at your new home
The holidays are certainly a festive time. Lights and decorations are found on nearly every street corner. And if you’ve recently purchase a new home in Frisco, it’s a perfect opportunity to celebrate the occasion by hosting a party. Here are a few tips to make your holiday gathering extra special:
1. Make a list. Plan ahead to determine what supplies, food and drinks you’ll need for the party. Then, delegate some of the work to family members or even some of your guests. It will take some of the stress off, so you’ll be able to enjoy the party along with everyone else!
2. Cook ahead. Get as much of the food preparation done before the party. Plan something special to eat, but don’t experiment with any strange foods. You want your guests to enjoy what’s on their plates.
3. Deck the halls. Go for the unexpected when it comes to holiday decorations for your new home in Frisco. Set out bowls with vintage ornaments (from your family collection or a flea market) grouped by color or style. White twinkle lights inside a glass bowl will also create a striking look. Or try hanging some ornaments off a bare branch placed inside a vase.
4. Create comfort. If you’re having a casual get-together, don’t worry about seating everyone around the dining table. Set up a buffet instead, pulling the table away from the wall so there are four sides available so people can get to the food easily.
5. Add joyful sounds. Set the mood with a mix of your favorite holiday tunes. Just keep the music low so it doesn’t overpower the conversation.
6. Be a graceful gift giver. Have a few gifts on hand so you won’t be caught off-guard by a friend who springs an unexpected gift exchange. Consider buying a case of wine or champagne to divide among guests. Or do some extra baking. No one can resist a tin filled with homemade holiday goodies!
7. Greet your guests. Most importantly, ask a friend or family member to help out with other party matters, so you can be available to say “Happy Holidays” to each guest.
If you’re still searching for a new home in Frisco, check out the Villages at Willow Bay, Austin Ridge at Lonestar Ranch or Grayhawk Estates. Landon Homes has beautiful and affordable, energy efficient homes for sale in each of these three communities. Contact our Internet Sales Manager Tanya Smith at 214-707-0347 for more information or visit our website.Tags: Dallas-Ft Worth homes, energy efficient homes in dallas, energy efficient homes in frisco, energy efficient homes in north dallas, FAQ, FAQ Dallas New Homes, frisco ISD new homes, frisco new homes, green construction for new homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Landon news, Lifestyle 8000 tax credit, Lifestyle dallas homes, north Dallas home builder