Easy Ways to Decorate a Guest Room
New homes in Frisco TX often have more bedrooms than a family needs. One of the best ways to use an extra bedroom is to make it a guest room. Keeping a dedicated guest room means you are always ready to host a visiting friend or family member with very little preparation.
However, you probably don’t want to bust your budget on decorating a room that is only used a few weeks or nights of the year. Here are some easy and inexpensive ways to decorate your guest room:
- Start with what you have. Do you already own a comforter, bedspread or quilt that you can use as the basis for your décor? Besides saving you money, this step helps you pick a color scheme and mood for the room.
- Add some artwork. Having pictures on the wall will make the room feel more home-like. Save money by purchasing inexpensive prints at a thrift shop or yard sale. You could also buy frames to display artwork created by your kids or yourself.
- Consider the lighting. Supplement the ceiling light with a bedside lamp and a nightlight near the door. It may also be a good idea to add a nightlight in the hallway or guest bath.
- Think about window coverings. If there is a lot of artificial light outside, your guests may appreciate blackout shades or thick blinds. Soften the look with curtains that coordinate with the colors in the bedding.
- Finish with accessories to pull the room together. A few books on the nightstand, a cute basket of travel-size toiletries and a soft rug will make the room cozy for your visitors.
Landon Homes has customizable floor plans that allow you to adjust the number of bedrooms so you can have a guest room. Our plans have up to 6 bedrooms.
The Corringham design has a first-floor guest bedroom with an en suite bath and a walk-in closet. This room is ideal for long-term guests. Corringham can be built with 4 or 5 bedrooms. Both versions have the first-floor guest suite.
Our 4-bedroom Sheffield design also has a second bedroom on the first floor. It’s located next to a full hall bath.
Would you love to host overnight guests in your new home? Call Landon Homes today at 469-804-5534 start planning your new home in Frisco TX.Tags: energy efficient homes in frisco, frisco ISD new homes, Frisco schools