6 Ways to Maximize Your Garden This Year
Gardening is more popular than ever with people who live in new homes in Frisco TX. It’s a fun hobby that increases a home’s curb appeal and can even provide fresh produce in season. To make the most of your garden, ask yourself these questions. The answers will show you where to focus your green thumb this spring.
- For early color, plant spring-blooming perennials. They’ll emerge on their own every year to start the flowering season. Try hibiscus, salvia, columbine or cosmos.
- To add quick interest, create container plantings. Use pots, hanging baskets or window boxes to bring color into the landscape without a big investment of time or effort.
- For easier maintenance, install an underground irrigation system. Set it to a timer for hands-off watering. Use mulch on garden beds to reduce the amount of watering and weeding chores.
- Annuals are a quick way to add lots of color to a landscape. Deadhead and fertilize regularly to encourage steady blooming.
- Plant a mixed selection of evergreen and deciduous shrubs, annuals and perennials for visual variety. Don’t forget foliage plants like hostas and ornamental grasses to provide lush backgrounds for flowering plants.
- Grow your own vegetables in raised beds filled with soil and compost are the quickest way to get started. They’re easy to build with kits or DIY online tutorials.
Landon Homes builds homes with spacious back yards and beautiful landscaping in Frisco TX. We have a wide selection of floor plans to fit your budget and lifestyle. Our master planned communities feature amenities like swimming pools, fitness centers, hiking and biking trails, playgrounds and more.
Browse floor plans or take video tours of our communities while you relax at home. If you see a floor plan or Quick Move-In Home that you like, don’t delay. Interest rates are near a historic low. Now is the time to lock in those great rates on a brand new home for your family!
Call Landon Homes today at 469-804-5534 to schedule a live video appointment with a community manager who can answer your questions about our new homes in Frisco TX.