5 Ways to Organize Your Walk-in Closet
February 25, 2015 4:19 pm
Do you dream of having a spacious walk-in closet in your master bedroom? You can turn that dream into a reality when you buy one of the John R. Landon Executive Series homes for sale in Plano TX at West Park Villas.
Walk-in closets have a true feeling of luxury about them. It’s an incomparable feeling to have your clothes, shoes, hats and accessories beautifully stored and visible to you. Of course, being able to easily survey your closet does require some organization. Otherwise, your roomy closet will become a haven for clutter. Here are a few suggestions on how to bring some structure to your walk-in closet:
1. Get Creative with Corners – A corner wall doesn’t have to be a useless space. Adding a corner carousel that rotates 360 degrees to your walk-in closet allows you to hang shirts and blouses all the way around.
2. Wall-to-Wall Shelves – Installing cubby-style shelving units in a walk-in closet gives you the perfect storage solution for pants, sweaters, shoes, hats and other accessories that can be neatly folded and displayed. Adjustable shelves will give you the flexibility to store boots and higher stacks of clothing too.
3. A Place for Work and a Place for Play – Make clothing selection a breeze by storing casual clothes on the left side of a center shelving unit and work/business clothing on the right side. Casual and dress shoes can be stored on the shelves, while underwear and other accessories can be contained in the unit’s drawers.
4. Alternative Storage Solutions – If your closet system doesn’t include drawers, baskets are a tried and true method for storing scarves, belts, headbands, purses and other accessories. Make sure your shelves are adjusted to a height that allows the baskets to slide in easily, leaving a few inches of room on top (in case you need to readjust shelves later on).
5. Free up Space with Clothing Rods – Do you have a lot of clothes that need to live on hangers? Consider devoting an entire wall of your closet to clothing rods. This will free up space for surrounding shelves and storage solutions.
Large bedrooms with walk-in closets are just a small part of the appeal that comes from owning one of the John R. Landon Executive Series of homes at West Park. Home buyers will also enjoy such luxury features as hardwood floors, granite countertops in the kitchen and master bath, built-in stainless steel appliances, floor to ceiling stone fireplace, media and game rooms, and an optional covered patio. In addition, all of the homes for sale in Plano TX include Landon’s 24/7 energy efficiency features like thicker wall construction, insulated corners and Energy Star® appliances.
For more information about the homes for sale at West Park Villas, visit our website, or contact Rob Rone at 972-867-0800.Tags: dallas homes, Dallas-Ft Worth homes, FAQ Dallas New Homes, homebuilding in Dallas, Texas Home Builders
Categorised in: About Landon Homes, Area Events, Construction Quality, Design Tips, Featured Community, Landon Homes Services, Landon news, Lifestyle, Organization Tips, Special Occasions, Things to Do
This post was written by Landon Homes